Display Network Marketing or Display Marketing
Display marketing is an advertising network in Google ads. Google display marketing allows us to where and when our ad will show based on the targeting, audience, keywords, topics, and scheduling, and start and end date of the campaign.
We have different types of bidding strategies in Display Marketing, those are helpful to reach our goal or set our goal, as per the goal our ad will automatically serve the users and tries to reach our goal.
In this article, we will cover the following points.
Bidding strategies in Display Marketing
In Display Marketing, we have different bidding strategies that can help us reach our goal and generate traffic to the website.
- Manual CPC
- Maximize Clicks
- Maximize conversions
- Target CPA
- Viewable CPM
- Target ROAS
Location Targeting Options
Location targeting is a great option in Digital marketing platforms, with help of location targeting we can select the specific geographic location and specific area of target locations. we can exclude specific locations also.
In Display Network we have four great options in location targeting, those are
- Selecting locations.
- selecting a location by searching in the search field of locations options, suppose if we searched and selected a Hyderabad location, it automatically selects the entire Hyderabad borders in and out.
- Selecting Radius of a particular location.
- Here we can select the particular location of radius, for suppose if we selected Hyderabad location and radius of 50KM, our ad will show to the people who are around the Hyderabad within 50KM radius
- Pin Location
- Pinning location another option in display marketing, here we can pin the location in the world map with a radius of some radius of the pinned location.
- Targeting location as per the Postal code
- Targeting location with postal codes is a great option in Google ads. With help of it, we can target the most performed locations as per the previews data of users engagement from targeted locations pin codes.
Audience Targeting Options
Most of the audience targeting options are based on the interests of users. even we have different types of audience targeting options that are most useful in display targeting.
- In-market Audience.
- The in-market audience is people who are actively researching for a particular product or service. ex: Real estate, Travelling, Automobiles, Digital Marketing services, education, etc…
- Affinity Audience.
- Affinity audience is the people who have an interest and habits of a particular service or context. ex: shopping, automobiles, books, news, mobiles, and et…
- Custom Audience
- Custom audience option is a most useful and most of the advertisers favorite targeting options, even Digital Marketing agencies also prefer the custom audience option.
- Here we can target users as per their search interest on google search, most visited sites (competitor sites or relevant sites), installed apps (Apps which are installed on android devices).
- Remarketing and Similar Audience
- It is a great option in display marketing with help of it we can retarget the users who have already engaged with the website or APP or Youtube channel or any combined audience
- A similar audience is the lookalike audience of the existing remarketing audience.
- Here we can upload the customer database and retarget them with mobile numbers, email ids, etc…
Uses of Keyword Targeting
In Google ads, the keywords option is available in Search Network, Display Network, and Video Network, but the search and display keywords in Search and Display are different.
To know the usage of search marketing keywords is click here
In Display marketing, we can use multiple keywords without having any limit and we don’t need to use any keyword match types as search marketing, here we have to use broad match keywords only.
Using keywords, our ad will target the sites or blogs or apps or youtube channels or youtube videos containing targeted keywords.
Uses of Placement Targeting
Placements targeting a great option in Display Marketing, here we can select the website, youtube channels, videos, Apps so our ad will display on selected sites, and channels only. it can help us to target specific sites only.
Uses of Topics
Topics is a targeting option in display marketing, it helps to target blogs or sites or channels which are talking about the select topics.
For example, if we selected a topic as business, our ad will show the sites which are having blogs and videos related to business.
Ad scheduling is useful for when to start and when to stop the display campaign. here we can choose the date of start and end dates of campaigns.
Uses of Responsive Display ad
Responsive ad is recommended ad format of google ads. it services in multiple ad sizes automatically with the combination of headlines, descriptions, and images. some times the ad will serve as a native ad.
Requirements of Responsive image ad is
- Long Headline
- At least one Landscape image (Recommended size: 1200×628)
- At least one Square image (Recommended size: 1080×1080)
- Logos (1200×1200 and 1200×300 sizes)
- Business name
- CTA (optional and advanced feature)
- Ad background colors (optional and advanced feature)
Sample responsive ad:
Uses of the Image Ad or Banner Ad
Image ad also called banner ads, the banner ads are in fixed sizes, we have multiple google supported ad sizes are there, not required any headlines and descriptions for this type of ad.
Recommended sizes of banner ad:
336×280, 160×600, 728×90, 120×600, 320×100, 300×250, 300×600
Google display banner sizes 2021:
|200 × 200||Small square|
|240 × 400||Vertical rectangle|
|250 × 250||Square|
|250 × 360||Triple widescreen|
|300 × 250||Inline rectangle|
|336 × 280||Large rectangle|
|580 × 400||netboard|
|120 × 600||Skyscraper|
|160 × 600||Wide skyscraper|
|300 × 600||Half-page ad|
|300 × 1050||Portrait|
|468 × 60||Banner|
|728 × 90||Leaderboard|
|930 × 180||Top banner|
|970 × 90||Large leaderboard|
|970 × 250||Billboard|
|980 × 120||Panorama|
|300 × 50||Mobile banner|
|320 × 50||Mobile banner|
|320 × 100||Large mobile banner|
|*Animated ads (GIF)||Animation length and speed:|
Animation length must be 30 seconds or shorter
Animations can be looped, but the animations must stop after 30 seconds
Animated GIF ads must be slower than 5 FPS